The Morris Group Inc. a regional distributor of CNC machine tools, tooling and accessories, and related engineering and support services, is seeking an ambitious and success driven Capital Sales Engineer for the Chicago, IL area. We are looking for someone who has a Machine Tool, technical, or manufacturing sales background. This role will provide exciting opportunities to work for a dynamic company in a fast-paced, growing industry. Morris Midwest is a division of Morris Group, Inc., one of the largest machine tool distribution networks in North America.
As a Capital Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for preparing action plans for effective search of sales leads and prospects to cover and support the territory. This role collaborates with Engineering, Service, Contract Administration and management to provide accountability and follow-up for our customers. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining involvement on turnkey projects, demonstrations and other customer related projects to meet deadlines and budgets
- Interacting with customers and engineers on pre-sale activities including customer visits, evaluation of opportunities, machine and part processing assessments and recommendations, and development of turnkey proposals
- Integrating sales and individual activity into CRM system (Salesforce)
- Possessing and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of machine tool industry and product lines represented by the company
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of customer and market dynamics with at least five to seven years of sales experience. The Capital Sales Engineer will possess strong, professional communication and presentation skills. This motivated team player should have experience with Office Suite. The candidate must be familiar with CRM software, specifically Salesforce.com. Previous experience with machine tools and technical aptitude are needed. This position requires frequent travel throughout a regional sales territory.
Mental and physical requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be highly mobile, able to access all areas of the premises.
- Ability to concentrate and remain focused while handling multiple tasks, responsibilities and projects.
- Ability to sit for prolonged period of times.
- Must be able to perform bending, twisting, stooping, reaching and lifting of moderate to heavy weight material up to 50 lbs. with assistance from equipment or other employees.
- Ability to frequently use hands and arms to finger and reach.
- Vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to keep his/her composure with the public and co-workers in everyday, stressful situations.
Morris Group, Inc. offers competitive salary, comprehensive benefits packages, and tuition reimbursement.
Morris Group, Inc. offers competitive salary, comprehensive benefits packages including a zero-premium option, and tuition reimbursement.
Morris Group, Inc., including all operating subsidiaries, is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.