The Morris Group Inc. supplies CNC machine tools, tooling, accessories, software, automation, and more to manufacturers of precision machined parts. Our mission is to help manufacturers from all industry sectors achieve and maintain a competitive advantage by improving productivity. We help you make better parts, less expensively.
As an Applications Engineer, you are responsible for the part programming of CNC machine tools, process development and customer training in an industrial environment, using state-of-the-art equipment. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting pre-sale activities and reviews including customer visits, evaluation of opportunities, machine assessment and recommendations, part processing recommendations and development of turnkey proposals
- Making accurate cost estimates, writing engineering reports, and interpreting plans and specifications
- Programming and setting up CNC lathes, CNC vertical or horizontal mills, and Swiss style lathes
- Developing/ implementing custom demonstrations and training customers in the safe set up and operation of CNC machining centers, lathes, grinders, Swiss style lathes and/ or multi-tasking machines
- Maintaining an in-depth technical knowledge of product lines represented by the company
- Strong hands-on machining background with at least 2 years of experience with CNC machines
- Knowledge of Okuma and Fanuc controls along with builder or distributor experience a plus
- Solid working knowledge of CAD/CAM software necessary
- Excellent customer service and effective communication skills required
- Frequent travel throughout our regional territory
Mental and physical requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be highly mobile, able to access all areas of the premises.
- Ability to concentrate and remain focused while handling multiple tasks, responsibilities and projects.
- Ability to sit for prolonged period of times.
- Must be able to perform bending, twisting, stooping, reaching and lifting of moderate to heavy weight material up to 50 lbs. with assistance from equipment or other employees.
- Ability to frequently use hands and arms to finger and reach.
- Vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to keep his/her composure with the public and co-workers in everyday, stressful situations.
Morris Group, Inc. offers competitive salary, comprehensive benefits packages, and tuition reimbursement.
Morris Group, Inc. offers competitive salary, comprehensive benefits packages including a zero-premium option, and tuition reimbursement.
Morris Group, Inc., including all operating subsidiaries, is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.