We supply CNC machine tools, tooling, accessories, software, automation, and more to manufacturers of precision machined parts. Our mission is to help manufacturers from all industry sectors achieve and maintain a competitive advantage by improving productivity. We help you make better parts, less expensively.
The CNC Field Service Technician will have an extensive understanding of electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics to effectively detect and resolve issues with electrical and mechanical components. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Traveling to customer sites to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain all machine tool equipment and controls for customer organizations
- Utilizing machine tool manuals, technical documents, internal and vendor resources to research machine issues
- Ensuring proper documentation is completed and submitted to office and customer in regards to status of machine issues, repairs, and installation
- Promoting and performing preventative maintenance on customer machine tool equipment and conducting after-sales technical support and training
- Possessing and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of machine tool industry and product lines represented by the company
- Five years’ experience with CNC machine repair
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics
- Excellent technical, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and other business programs as required
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job
- Ability to work flexible hours. Frequent travel and driving throughout a regional territory are necessary, as well as some overnight travel
Mental and physical requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be highly mobile, able to access all areas of the premises.
- Ability to concentrate and remain focused while handling multiple tasks, responsibilities and projects.
- Ability to sit for prolonged period of times.
- Must be able to perform bending, twisting, stooping, reaching and lifting of moderate to heavy weight material up to 50 lbs. with assistance from equipment or other employees.
- Ability to frequently use hands and arms to finger and reach.
- Vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to keep his/her composure with the public and co-workers in everyday, stressful situations.
Morris Group, Inc. offers competitive salary, comprehensive benefits packages, and tuition reimbursement.
Morris Group, Inc. offers competitive salary, comprehensive benefits packages including a zero-premium option, and tuition reimbursement.
Morris Group, Inc., including all operating subsidiaries, is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.