Morris Group Inc, is seeking an ambitious, conscientious, and energetic individual to join our expanding organization as a Sales Development Intern! We are one of the leading distributors of CNC machine tools in North America and have been in business for over 80 years. Our people are the backbone of our success which is driven by relationships and understanding our customers challenges.
The Sales Development Intern role is ideal for a motivated individual looking to make an impact. Lack of industry knowledge is not a problem! What matter is your eagerness and desire to be successful, as we will teach you the necessary skills.
What you will do:
- The Sales Development Intern will learn what a Sales Development division contributes. The Sales Development team is the bridge between the Outside Sales team and the prospect. You will begin developing and generating a quality sales pipeline for the outside sales team.
- Research and pre-qualify potential new prospects
- Follow up on Warm Leads generated by the marketing team
- Identify key decision makers and update database list of contacts
- Reaching out via phone and email, quickly and confidently establishing rapport
- Listening and uncovering potential opportunities for Morris to provide value
- Provide accurate quotes to prospects and follow up on requests
- Other tasks aligned with points listed above
What you will bring
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year college program.
- 0-2 years professional experience (prior sales experience is not required, although preferred)
- Strong desire to learn
- Innate drive to achieve and exceed goals
- Passion for personal and professional growth; embrace of coaching and other opportunities to develop
- Discipline; organization; diligent time management
- Resilience and ability to build upon experience
- Astute listening skills
- Enthusiasm; positivity
- Effective communications -- clear, thoughtful, genuine, persuasive
- Engaging phone presence
- Desire to achieve independently, but also work in a fun, team atmosphere
Morris Group, Inc. offers competitive salary, comprehensive benefits packages, and tuition reimbursement.
Morris Group, Inc., including all operating subsidiaries, is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.