SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY:
This position will receive, stock, and distribute material, tools, equipment and products within the warehouse, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to sales associates for processing.
- Utilize UPS and FedEx software to produce shipping labels for outbound packages.
- Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed and/or shipped.
- Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Sort and place materials or items in racks, shelves, Kardex or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, and color or product code.
- File requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distribute items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
- Ensure warehouse is accessible, clean, and safe for salespeople, engineering, office personnel and customer traffic.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department.
- Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Open boxes, crates, and other containers.
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program.
- Assist in weekly cycle counts and physical inventory.
- Weigh and count items for distribution to ensure conformance to company standards.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
- Complete requisition forms to order supplies.
- Prepare parcels for mailing.
- Sweep, dust, and mop. Always organize warehouse and work area for orderliness.
- Wear the proper safety equipment.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent years of experience.
- Exhibit excellent teamwork skills.
- Forklift Certified
Preferred Qualifications (Certificates, Training, Licenses, and Experience):
- One year of prior warehouse distribution experience.
Morris Group, Inc. offers competitive salary, comprehensive benefits packages, and tuition reimbursement.
Morris Group, Inc., including all operating subsidiaries, is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected